lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

An Earthquake, a hurricane and a tornado

At the start of my second year in Darden, Charlottesville experienced an earthquake and a hurricane. During this time, I also experienced a self-inflicted natural disaster: a tornado called my Q1 schedule. Not only did I take six courses in this quarter, but also there have been plenty of activities outside of the classroom. From Darden Cup events to the LASA picnic, from playing soccer to multiple birthday celebrations, these past few weeks have been among the busiest of my MBA experience and at times I’m exhausted. But, you know what? I chose it to be this way and I wouldn’t change it at all. This is the one of the main differences between first year and second year. We get to set our own schedule. For example, I can choose never again to start classes at 8 am (which I did) or to have all my classes on “Early week” (i.e. Monday and Tuesday) and have a five day weekend (which, sadly, I didn’t). In Second Year you create your own experience. Of course, the other big thing about setting your own schedule is tailoring your classes to you professional/personal interests but this issue has been addressed by me fellow bloggers.

In sum, I decided to have a crazy start of the year with a full schedule hoping to have a lighter schedule in Q4 to have more free time to enjoy my last days in Charlottesville.* For us finance enthusiasts this is would be my initial investment to get a big pay-off later on. I’m hoping for a positive NPV :-)

*By the way, I have periodic panic attacks when I think about how fast those last days are approaching. Man! Time flies in Second Year.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario